LMS Design Studio
LEED is changing the built environment
Proven performance: nothing comes close
If you’re serious about saving money, conserving energy, reducing water consumption, improving indoor air quality, providing a healthy environment for your family, making better building material choices, and driving innovation, then LEED Homes is your best choice. Bar none.
LEED is more than just points and credits
Behind the LEED program is an immense infrastructure developed to support leaders in the industry as they innovate and create cutting-edge, high performance homes and neighborhoods. The LEED rating system helps deliver energy and water efficient, healthy, environmentally-friendly, and cost saving homes and communities.
The LEED For Homes rating system certifies homes at the following levels:
| 45+ points
(*Point thresholds very based on home size.)
Where to start
The first step is to Contact Lance @ LMS Design Studio and get you’re project registered with USGBC. Registration opens the door to resources and award-winning customer care. Each LEED Registered Project receives access to:
Third-party certification verifies your project is designed, built and operates the way it was intended. It is also your first step toward managing your home through its entire life cycle. 10 billion square feet of space has been certified using LEED, with 1.7 million more square feet certifying daily. Your project will be in good company among the most efficient, high-performing buildings across the globe.
Homeowners across the globe use LEED to increase the efficiency, comfort, and livability of their homes. Once you establish a benchmark for optimal operations, you’re able to measure the ongoing performance of your home, ensuring you continued energy, water, money, and resource savings, while maintaining comfort, year after year.
LEED focuses on the ‘Whole Home’ as a unit; not a package of pieces.
LEED points are based on the following environmental categories, with weight given to measures that provide the most benefit to the environment, and the end user.
- Energy: A LEED home’s energy performance must exceed local code requirements by at least 15%, including testing the home’s overall envelope and duct work, as well as multiple inspections during construction.
- Water: A LEED home must incorporate a minimum number of water efficiency and water use reduction measures.
- Indoor Air Quality: LEED ensures homes are ventilated properly, including high-efficiency air filters and moisture reduction measures, reducing the possibility of mold or mildew, and increasing the homes overall indoor air quality.
- Materials: LEED ensures that construction waste is minimized and that environmentally preferable products are used wherever possible.
- Land: LEED ensures great care goes into decisions about where homes are sited, how to best take advantage of the sites environmental resources and local infrastructure, and how the home and landscape features are integrated.
- Education: LEED requires the builder to educate the homeowner or tenant on all of the green features of the home through a homeowner’s manual.
LEED Certification is recognized across the globe as the premier mark of achievement in green building. You receive a listing in the online LEED project directory, searched by thousands of people every week, and marketing support from USGBC’s in-house experts. LEED Certified homes give back by increasing property values, making faster lease-up rates, and may qualify for a host of tax rebates, incentive programs, and zoning allowances.
Peace of mind
LEED Home certification promotes the design and construction of high-performance, energy and resource efficient, healthy homes. LEED Certified homes cost less to operate, reduce energy and water bills, and are designed to maximize fresh indoor air, while minimizing exposure to airborne toxins and pollutants. LEED Certified homes use 20-30% less energy – and have the potential to use up to 60% less energy – than a home built to standard codes. This equates to lower utility bills, and savings in the bank every month.
Get started on your LEED For Homes project today! Contact Lance @ LMS Design Studio today!